Mr Daouda BA
at the bar of
Areas of intervention
- International support
CHAMBERS and PARTNERS
(Vaughan Avocats has been recognized in the Chambers rankings since 2019)
Labor and Employment Law
(Vaughan Avocats has been recognized in the Décideurs rankings since 2015)
- Africa Desks - Litigation-Arbitration : HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Lawyer – Partner (Vaughan Avocats, 2012-)
- Lawyer (Vaughan Avocats, 2006-2012)
- Assistant Formateur GFORCE / CLUSA (Programme de Renforcement des Capacités en Gestion et institutionnelles des PME/PMI et des Entreprises paysannes, 1998-2000)
- CAPA: Professional Lawyer’s Certificate (École de Formation du Barreau de Paris, 2005)
- Doctoral Degree in Private Law (Université Paris-II Panthéon-Assas, 2004)
- Degree in Legal Sciences (ENA de Bamako, 1997)
Daouda Ba has built his practice providing assistance to business players who wish to invest, develop or set up a business in Africa. He also represents clients of the Firm before commercial, civil and labor courts, and in connection with drafting, negotiating and executing local and international contracts.
Although primarily involved in the banking, hydroelectric and solar energy, gas and consulting sectors, Daouda Ba also advises large international groups in connection with their business in Mali and their establishment in neighbouring countries. His practice includes establishing guarantees for a number of banks in Mali.
Awarded since 2019 in the Chambers ranking, Daouda is greeted by customers with these words:
"a real partner who can navigate clients through the legal diversity of the OHADA region."
Clients also commend him for his "concise and precise" advice, "his pragmatism" and "his availability." He offers extensive expertise in project financing and regularly assists international clients active in the energy sector. [Chambers 2019]
Clients appreciate that Daouda Ba "goes the extra mile," adding: "He has good knowledge and is pragmatic." He is skilled at advising on project development in the energy sector. [Chambers 2020]
Daouda Ba is admitted to both the Malian and Paris Bar Associations. He operates a varied practice that includes experience of both contentious and non-contentious matters. One client said: "His ability to turn things around is extraordinary." [Chambers 2021]
Daouda Ba, Partner, is the head of the Bamako office, and focuses on supporting companies and investors in their growth and investment transactions in West, Central and Sub-Saharan Africa.